JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
STATUS: Full Time or Part Time
SALARY: Pay is Dependent Upon Experience. Starting at $20-22, DOE
BENEFITS: Includes Benefit Package
Download Job Description
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
The role of this position is to ensure the effective operation of the Kodiak Chamber of Commerce office. This individual must be both detail-oriented and customer service-focused to ensure the effective internal operations of the Kodiak Chamber. As the first contact for members and the community, the administrative assistant will work to maintain a welcoming environment both in person and through electronic communication.
- Responsible for all incoming phone calls, postal, and electronic mail.
- Answer general and specific questions regarding the Chamber, staff, board/executive, events, and members.
- Maintain the membership database and online directory to ensure all information is accurate and timely.
- Bill and process monthly membership payments within the membership management software.
- Provide support to Executive Director when asked for assistance.
- Help coordinate meetings and in-house events—set up, tear down, table arrangement, etc.
- Perform facility management by maintaining a well-stocked, clean, orderly, and well-functioning office environment, including ordering and distributing office supplies.
- Perform administrative function at Board of Directors meetings by maintaining meeting minutes
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with members and suppliers.
- Promote the Chamber and be a positive brand ambassador.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Excellent relations/customer service skills.
- Basic clerical and secretarial skills, including basic knowledge of business English and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Ability to perform assigned tasks to completion
- Must be able to adjust from one project to another to meet deadlines quickly. Requires ability to work under constant pressure and to remain even-tempered when dealing with the public.
- Professional demeanor and presentation of self.
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse groups of people and organizations.
- Self-motivated and driven with the ability to execute at a high level with minimal supervision.
- Exercises independent judgment in day-to-day tasks. Work is subject to periodic review for accuracy, timeliness, and conformance to work standards.
- Constant contact with the general public, members, and other business owners require a professional appearance and a well-developed sense of tact, courtesy, and diplomacy.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
- Experience with CRM software preferred.
- Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle.
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude!
- Must be self-motivated and result oriented.
- Clear focus on high-quality customer support.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team-player mentality, and willingness to support colleagues even if it is outside of job description.
- Team player with the ability to collaborate with other staff members and partners is a must.
- Able to stand and walk for extended period of times.
- Able to carry up to 30 pounds or more.
- Able to stand, kneel, bend at knee, squat, and handle stairs throughout the day.
- Able to sit at a desk comfortably while working on a computer for extended periods of time.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, and two professional references to Jena Lowmaster, Executive Director at email@example.com