Description: The role of this position is to ensure the effective operation of the Kodiak Chamber of Commerce office. This individual must be both detail-oriented and customer service-focused to ensure the effective internal operations of the Kodiak Chamber. As the first contact for members and the community, the administrative assistant will work to maintain a welcoming environment both in person and through electronic communication.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all incoming phone calls, postal, and electronic mail.
- Answer general and specific questions regarding the Chamber, staff, board/executive, events, and members.
- Maintain the membership database and online directory to ensure all information is accurate and timely.
- Bill and process monthly membership payments within the membership management software.
- Provide support to Executive Director when asked for assistance.
- Help coordinate meetings and in-house events—set up, tear down, table arrangement, etc.
- Perform facility management by maintaining a well-stocked, clean, orderly, and well-functioning office environment, including ordering, and distributing office supplies.
- Perform administrative function at Board of Directors meetings by maintaining meeting minutes
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with members and suppliers.
- Promote the Chamber and be a positive brand ambassador.
- Excellent relations/customer service skills.
- Professional demeanor and presentation of self.
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse groups of people and organizations.
- Self-motivated and driven with the ability to execute at a high level with minimal supervision.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Experience with CRM software preferred.
- Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle.
Salary is dependent on experience and starts at $18/hr.
Submit resume, two professional references and cover letter to email@example.com