This position is responsible for evening supervision and health, safety and welfare of residents during specified evening and night hours. This position comes with housing, utilities and wifi as the compensation package. This position requires overseeing young adults of many cultures, ages 18-24, as they transition into adulthood. The ability to work with minimal supervision and to work effectively and establish rapport with KIHA Life Builders residents, staff and community is mandatory. Direct supervision is under the direction of the Life Builders Coordinator. This position is part time/on call with no benefits.
• Responsible for evening facility supervision and security.
• Responsible for supervision of residents during specific hours.
• Respond to all emergencies or immediate needs of the residents.
• Work collaboratively with Life Builders Coordinator.
• Maintain appropriate records as related to incidents.
• Promote a positive living environment.
• Provide transportation for residents.
• Maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality.
• Provide and participate in healthy forms of recreation.
• Act as a role model
• High School Diploma or GED; Preference given to Social Service or Education Degree;
• 3 years of successful employment, preferably in a social service field;
• Must possess strong organizational and time management skills;
• Must be able to work effectively as part of a team;
• Must have a valid Alaska Driver’s License and a clean driving record;
• Must be willing to sleep in the Life Builders Home;
• Excellent communication skills and problem solving skills;
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Kodiak Island Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian Applicants under Section 7(b) of the Indian Self-Determination Act and 24 CFR 1000.48. Under Section 3 of the HUD Act of 1968, preference will be given to low income applicants who reside in housing owned and developed by Kodiak Island Housing Authority.
Emergency on call hours 10 PM to 7 AM Monday-Friday and weekends.
Free living accommodations, private room with private bath, utilities, TV, Internet, laundry facility, exercise room with equipment.
KIHA reserves the right to terminate the living arrangement should the employee be terminated from their position. Employee would be expected to move out within 24 hours.