Job Location: Kodiak Community Health Center - Kodiak, AK
Education Level: High School
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Shift: Day
Position Type: Full Time
The EPIC Site Specialist will help to ensure the (Electronic Health Records) EHR system is effectively utilized and staff is able to use the EHR system in a competent manner. The Specialist will assist in planning, developing and conducting a complete range of EHR training classes to include all staff and contractors who interact with the system. The Specialist will help to ensure the system and associated processes are in compliance with regulations and certification requirements and the EHR system functions as effectively as possible by working with users and the EHR system vendor to facilitate system updates and improvements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Acts as a member of the KCHC Healthcare Team in the provision of health services to individuals, families, and/or their communities. Works collaboratively with patients and their caregivers to the extent preferred by each patient as well as with other members of the KCHC Healthcare Team to accomplish shared goals within and across settings to achieve coordinated, high-quality care.
a. Support all end-users of EPIC by answering user questions and resolves issues related to clinical use.
b. Acts as the liaison between users and the vendor by providing training and support with ongoing implementation of updates to EHR.
c. Sets up training and production environments for users including user logons.
d. Coordinates and conducts user training classes.
e. Serves as main support resource for clinical functions of the EHR software by working closely with the Medical Director and clinical teams to provide functionality assessments, workflow analysis and optimization planning.
f. Works with IT staff/company to troubleshoot EHR workstation related issues.
g. Monitors and assigns help desk tickets within the organization, along with KCHCs contracted IT company.
h. Identifies, assesses and troubleshoots IT environment and equipment issues as they occur.
i. Site Specialist may be required to perform duties outside of normal work hours, on an emergency basis only. As such, any time spent outside of normal work hours will be paid at a rate of time-and-one-half (1.5 times) their hourly wage, unless time spent is at or below 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week, then the employee would be paid at their regular rate of pay. Should employee perform site specialist duties outside of normal work hours, they must provide their supervisor with a detailed log of work performed and hours spent.
(a) Employee will bill for their time in 15 minute increments.
(b) When EPIC Site Specialist is on PTO, they will NOT be on call.
(c) When EPIC Site Specialist is on call they will need to respond to a request for help within two hours.
(d) If Site Specialist will be traveling out of cell service area, they must notify the supervisor ahead of time, giving as much notice as possible.
j. Site Specialist supports IT staff/company by occasionally performing on-site computer related work (hardware and software installation/removal and troubleshooting, etc.) as needed.
k. Processes and tracks requests for new EHR functions and reports.
l. Sets up new user accounts and resolves user problems such as resetting passwords.
m. Attends all Site Specialist Trainings hosted by EPIC.
n. Informs the appropriate Director of the weekly changes that affect their department.
o. Performs other related duties, as assigned, that support the overall mission and vision of Kodiak Community Health Center.
- High school diploma/GED required. Associates/bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
- Previous EHR and clinical experience required.
- Completion of EPIC Site Specialist Training upon hire.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with all levels of staff personnel.
- Team-oriented and able to work collaboratively with staff.
- Strong problem-solving and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, medical office environment with frequent interruptions, public contact, and occasional crisis situations.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive medical information and foster an ethical work environment.
- Ability and willingness to carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Demonstrates complete understanding and responds effectively with sensitivity to special populations served by KCHC. Special populations include, but are not limited to, those defined by race, ethnicity, language, age, sex, sexual orientation, economic standing, disability status, migrant, homelessness, seasonal workers, and the uninsured.
- Regular attendance and punctuality is expected and required.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.