Responsible for the basic through advanced maintenance and security of KANA’s computer and phone network. Ensures software, hardware, and the network are functional, trouble shoots and provides technical assistance to authorized users by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by this position. Other duties as assigned.
PC Technician II:
- Assist with installs and maintenance of desktop and laptop computers and peripherals and printers. Includes, but not limited to: fixing printer jams, replacing and/or ordering toner and other printer products, working with vendors for part replacement or troubleshooting, moving computer equipment from site to site, providing basic troubleshooting for common problems.
- Provide preventive maintenance on all data processing equipment.
- Prepare and perform user training curriculum based on current needs.
- Maintain an accurate and current inventory of all data processing software and hardware.
- Maintain accurate Active Directory descriptions and information.
- Support all authorized KANA user software applications and hardware.
- Use help desk software to respond to and track end user tickets.
- Install network cable. Be able to pull cable and terminate both ends (patch panel, wall jacks, and connectors)
- Provide basic EMR (Cerner, Dentrix, RPMS) support.
- Basic Active Directory administration (ex. account administration, folder/file permissions)
PC Technician III:
- Includes all duties and responsibilities of Tech I plus:
- Assist with establishing and maintaining security of the LAN, WiFi, and WAN Systems.
- Perform basic support for KANA’s telephone system.
- Assist with Mobile Device Management and cell phone/ipad deployment
- Assist with basic server duties including installing patches and other duties as required.
- Review server logs.
- Collect pricing information and prepare purchase orders for computer equipment and software.
- Prepare monthly PCard
- Create and maintain accurate documentation for software and hardware installations.
- Provide Tier 2 support for tickets and problems and escalates to Tier 3 when needed.
- Includes all duties and responsibilities of Tech II plus:
- Assist in the administration of servers to include Windows 2012/2016/2019 servers, Linux, and VMWare.
- Assist in planning network wide projects.
- Provide advanced EMR (Cerner, Dentrix, RPMS) support.
- Documents process and advanced implementations.
- Able to work problems independently with little to no oversight.
- Will act as Tier 3 support in the escalation process.
- Other duties as assigned by IT Director.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
High school diploma or GED required. Ability to travel to remote communities by small plane. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Excellent customer service skills required.
Technician I minimum qualifications: Moderate understanding of how computers and networks work. A+ or Net+ certifications desired.
Technician II minimum qualifications: At least 1 year of work experience in the field or 1 year of school with a technology emphasis or a combination of the two. Cisco or Microsoft certifications desired. Demonstrated ability to independently complete tasks with moderate supervision.
Technician III minimum qualifications: 3 years of experience in systems support, including or supplemented by college or certification classword in network and server administration, or equivealent combination of education and experience. Cisco, Microsoft, or VMWare certifications desired. Has ability to work independently with little or no supervision. Knowledge of scripting, database and website technologies desired.