Position Vacancy Announcement
Aurora Launch Services (ALS): Aurora Launch Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of Alaska Aerospace, established to provide low cost, highly reliable launch services on a contract basis to both government and commercial space launch customers worldwide. The company is headquartered in Anchorage, Alaska, co-located with Alaska Aerospace.
Position Description: Aurora Launch Services (ALS) is seeking to fill our Command, Control, Communications and Computers (C4) System Administrator. This position, with minimal supervision, lead new initiatives, and provide mission assurance of the operations of the spaceport’s communications infrastructure.
This position requires a strong background in computer and communications systems. Including familiarity with associated software programming and hardware design. Applicants will have the ability to produce, execute creation, of C4 systems view design and modifications. The position requires creation of, and adherence to, long term IT improvement, upgrade roadmaps, knowledge of federal procurement processes, related government cybersecurity, and communication standards and policies.
The ideal candidate will have hardware or software integration experience with C4 systems at a commercial spaceport or military aerospace operations center/facility, must be able to work under pressure in launch operational settings, supporting emergency operations plans following mishaps.
C4 Systems Administrator
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Administers C4 systems for the spaceport:
Maintain and upgrade software to C4 systems:
- Ensures 100% operability of all C4 systems across the spaceport to include telephone and broadband infrastructure, unclassified and classified IT systems, mission critical network communications systems, radio systems, surveillance systems (radar, CCTV, AIS, ADS-B), meteorological sensors, public announcement (PA) systems, and associated network, server, and storage systems
- Employee is not responsible for Range Safety and Telemetry System (RSTS)-related C4 systems
Launch Crew operations:
- Ability to program systems and ensure upgrades are current allowing operations at the spaceport.
- Develop, author, and update various C4 systems roadmaps policies and user guides
- When required will author documents, manuals, CONOPS and continuity binders for C4 systems at the spaceport
- Displays a command in the understanding of the advancement of spaceport C4 technologies with the ability to create long term roadmaps for cost efficient upgrades to various systems
High impact contributor with an entrepreneurial mindset:
- Follow crew resource management principles to ensure mission success
- Monitor all communication, network, systems to ensure all are operational during launch campaigns
Create impact of strategic importance for the company:
- Small business mentality: Broad engagement, urgency of action, and handles details
- Results oriented: Solve problems with creative solutions and grit to knock down barriers
- Directly contribute value to our customers: Serve in senior launch and operations roles, contribute thought leadership, contribute to, and develop customer deliverables, etc.
- Lead and complete projects to advance company objectives
- Support business development opportunities, working individually or as a team
- Advance and mature existing customers (government, commercial, international)
- Spearhead strategic planning to strengthen the core and diversify the business portfolio
- Positively affect the long-term financial objectives of the company
- Strong knowledge and experience with relevant C4 systems at a spaceport and/or government aerospace operations center
- Knowledge and experience with software and hardware programming
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form, effectively using MS Word and PowerPoint
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) secret security clearance; existing clearance preferred
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening required
- Willing and able to work extended hours, overtime, and on weekends, as required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Aurora Launch Services to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
A competitive salary and benefits package, determined upon experience level of individual, will be negotiated after an offer to hire has been given. Initial salary range $85k – 99k.
Please apply online on Indeed.com. This position will remain open until filled.